Still got the writer's block. Hoping that will change soon.

Monday, July 23, 2007

It's been quite some time... but here's some good news

I know, I'm a rubbish blogger.

Here's some good news:

I got my first.

I won two prizes - a departmental award and a faculty memorial prize.

I am going to be having a phone call tomorrow with a professor whose work I greatly admire, and who has expressed an interest in my Phd proposal.

Everything at home is marvellous. We're starting to sort the house out (finally, I'm worse at getting round to that than blogging). We're making plans to go travelling next year before I go back to studying. It's all very exciting and fun.

I LOVE my job! It's better than I expected. I'm working with some incredible people and learning a lot.

I will, I promise, write a proper post soon.

2 comments:

blueadt said...

Wow, Congratulations!

pampootie said...

This is fantastic news! So wonderful to know that everything is going so well for you. Sorry I didn't read this until now so I know I'm rather late in saying well done. So pleased for you - you deserve all this, you're obviously a star....