Still got the writer's block. Hoping that will change soon.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's one of those sparkling days when the world seems fresh and nothing is too much trouble.

It helps that the sun's out, summer is here, and it's forever until autumn and the winter dark.

It occurred to me last night whilst chatting with friends just how disengenuous I can be. I never actually lie, but I allow people to make all kinds of assumptions, whilst never really revealing anything.

I have good reasons for doing this. Facts tend to invite questions, and there's a lot I'm not comfortable discussing, at least not publically.

The difficulty is, I do reveal some personal information. People therefore have the impression they know a lot about me, and I can see the doubt on their faces when I say something which doesn't quite match some assumption they've made. I probably come over as a compulsive liar.

Ah well, enough gloom, it's a beautiful day. Let's just enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: