Still got the writer's block. Hoping that will change soon.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

So much for blogging like a maniac! As usual with these things, life has somewhat got in the way.

Had my lovely lovely cousins to stay the weekend before last, don't see them anywhere near enough so I was really looking forward to it. Although it was fantastic to spend time with them we've also managed to pry open another huge family-sized can of worms (and this lot are the normal ones - my dad's are the kind of family that turn up as case studies in textbooks). Evidently, I've now been assigned the role of Adolescent Mental Health Expert, and will be able to solve everyone's problem with a click of my fingers and a wave of my magic wand (silver, with sparkly bits). I'm somewhat less than optimistic.

In other news, my good friend E, who was due to have her first baby in mid-August, gave birth last Tuesday. E has a long-standing medical condition which meant that it was no longer safe for her to continue with the pregnancy. She's still very poorly and not allowed visitors outside the immediate family, although her husband assures me it's nothing to worry about. Baby is very small, but doing well.

All in all, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Thanks to the gang at In Stitches for providing a little light relief on Friday evening. It was so lovely to sit quietly in a corner surrounded by laughter. I know I was quiet, but I really did enjoy myself!

No comments: