Still got the writer's block. Hoping that will change soon.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wrote a long and happy post yesterday evening whilst sitting in with The Foghorn whilst Dad was out at Tai Chi. (Mom in Brighton for a conference - lucky her!). Unfortunately, thanks to Dad's dodgy wireless connection, the entire thing has been lost somewhere in the ether. Bah!

Thanks to everyone who's been nice. It does encourage the warm glow. Although I think now I've started I can't stop. I'm sure the novelty will wear off in a few weeks, but for the time being I'll be blogging like a maniac. I'm just going to go with the impulse on the grounds that it's good for my mental health and everyone else will just have to lump it, so there.

I took several of my recent in-need-of sewing-up projects with me last night. The infamous fair-isle beret is now complete, and I'm working on a photo, hopefully without causing terminal damage to camera borrowed from work.

I also managed to sew two buttons onto the pink lace cardi, before having an attack of messing-up-big-style nerves and having to stop. Luckily Mom rang and "offered" to do it for me (there may have been tears, there may have been begging. I'm somewhat hazy on that point.)

The cotton baby jacket for E still needs sewing up at the sides and (despite the nice ladies at the Guild) something wildly inappropriate embroidered on it. Baby not due to put in an appearance till mid-August though, so it'll probably get finished sometime in September.

Thought - What is the correct past tense of "weave"? wove? woven? weaved? Suggest we institute something new, perhaps "weaven" or (my particular favourite) "weave-did" (a lamentably extinct Anglo-Saxon form of the past tense. Why do I know these things?) Any other ideas?

I may have too much time on my hands.

No comments: